Chevy HHR Family
Welcome back to CHF and be sure to post up. Don't be shy, you might like it. LOL

Update on the Old Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update on the Old Forum

Post by Ike's Blackjack on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Here is a snapshot of the latest post on Forumer's Support Page.

Our Forum WAS located on Server 19.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Ike's Blackjack
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2520
Join date : 2012-10-14
Age : 64
Additional HHR Info : Ike's Blackjack - 2007 2LT Fall Limited Edition. HOTM - May 2008, October 2010, October 2012. HOTY - 2008. HOTQ - Summer 2015


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by Tucker on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Even a novice knows to backup and verify before any major change. What happened to all the previous backups?
If they would have allowed us backup copies of our databases then this would never have been an issue.
125000 posts - all "How To´s" all is lost !!!

Sorry guys, CJ,Ike and I did everything we could - so we have to start and built all up again from here.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Tucker
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2012-10-14
Age : 59
Additional HHR Info : Sunburst orange HHR with several mods 65.000 KM


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by Ike's Blackjack on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm

If anyone has topics on their computers, especially "How To's" we would appreciate you uploading them in the How To Forum.

We would like to thank everyone in advance for everything they can do to help recover as much as possible of our lost data.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Ike's Blackjack
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2520
Join date : 2012-10-14
Age : 64
Additional HHR Info : Ike's Blackjack - 2007 2LT Fall Limited Edition. HOTM - May 2008, October 2010, October 2012. HOTY - 2008. HOTQ - Summer 2015


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by night train on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:33 pm

well that just sucks.....oh well fresh starts can be good
avatar
night train
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 220
Join date : 2012-10-14
Age : 56
Additional HHR Info : Trifecta Tune, GMPP Intake, Riken Raptor Performance Tires, Performance Brake rotors, Goldline Leveling Springs, Progressive sway bar, Eye Lids, Hood side Ports


http://ktbperformance.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by Hobbs on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 pm

They are all poo poo heads......
avatar
Hobbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Posts : 1787
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 58
Additional HHR Info : 09 S/S Black, Automatic. Born Oct. 8 2008, Rescued August 27 2015, stage 1 GM performance upgrade, ZZPerformance 3" stainless down pipe & 12 1/4 " Brembo front brake upgrade.. More to come stay tuned!!


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by sleeper on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Ike wrote:If anyone has topics on their computers, especially "How To's" we would appreciate you uploading them in the How To Forum.
We would like to thank everyone in advance for everything they can do to help recover as much as possible of our lost data.

Well shoot, I was told all was gone for good.. So I just today deleted all my saved topics from the old forum.
avatar
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Posts : 4509
Join date : 2012-10-14
Additional HHR Info : '08 Panel 2LT Southern Edition, select mods, ie: fuzzy dice etc.


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by sleeper on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 pm

sleeper wrote:
Ike wrote:If anyone has topics on their computers, especially "How To's" we would appreciate you uploading them in the How To Forum.
We would like to thank everyone in advance for everything they can do to help recover as much as possible of our lost data.

Well shoot, I was told all was gone for good.. So I just today deleted all my saved topics from the old forum.

Edit: I found 2 topics that I hadn't deleted yet.. I had a LOAD of good How To topics saved..

If you need the URL's on the 2, I posted LMK, cause the site won't let me post them ........

avatar
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Posts : 4509
Join date : 2012-10-14
Additional HHR Info : '08 Panel 2LT Southern Edition, select mods, ie: fuzzy dice etc.


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by mitzkity on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:13 am

“We can rebuild (it). We have the technology. We can make (it) better than (it) was. Better...stronger...faster.”
avatar
mitzkity
Member
Member

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by Tucker on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:32 am

sleeper wrote:
Edit: I found 2 topics that I hadn't deleted yet.. I had a LOAD of good How To topics saved..
If you need the URL's on the 2, I posted LMK, cause the site won't let me post them ........

Hey Billy, if you only stored a link to the "How To" they will not work any longer, because the target of the link is gone.
You can upload only what you have stored (the whole post not only a link) on your computer or another space than the old forum.
But feel free to sent me the URL´s as an email or PM and I have a look at them if you think they should work.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Tucker
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2012-10-14
Age : 59
Additional HHR Info : Sunburst orange HHR with several mods 65.000 KM


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by sleeper on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Georg wrote:
sleeper wrote:
Edit: I found 2 topics that I hadn't deleted yet.. I had a LOAD of good How To topics saved..
If you need the URL's on the 2, I posted LMK, cause the site won't let me post them ........

Hey Billy, if you only stored a link to the "How To" they will not work any longer, because the target of the link is gone.
You can upload only what you have stored (the whole post not only a link) on your computer or another space than the old forum.
But feel free to sent me the URL´s as an email or PM and I have a look at them if you think they should work.

Hi Georg- Yes I know the links are DEAD.. Ike posted if anyone had any topics saved to post them in the "How To" section.
I thought that was to help & retreive them.. Guess not..
avatar
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Posts : 4509
Join date : 2012-10-14
Additional HHR Info : '08 Panel 2LT Southern Edition, select mods, ie: fuzzy dice etc.


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by sleeper on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:41 pm

mitzkity wrote:“We can rebuild (it). We have the technology. We can make (it) better than (it) was. Better...stronger...faster.”

That's the spirit Cheri..... wss
avatar
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Posts : 4509
Join date : 2012-10-14
Additional HHR Info : '08 Panel 2LT Southern Edition, select mods, ie: fuzzy dice etc.


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by Overboard on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:59 am

Amazon's cloud is not to be trusted. This is the 2nd time I've heard of where data has been lost from an allegedly loss-proof system, and then found to be "unrecoverable".

As a computer/network/techno-nerd, I have never embraced cloud technology and likely never will. Any data I have that is important to me is too important to entrust to anyone else but me. I keep it on two separate, physical systems just in case. I also make periodic backups to CD or DVD.

In any case, you should never trust another entity to back up your data; always do it yourself, even if they say they are doing it as well.

Regarding Amazon, my personal belief is they have way too much faith in their cluster-based systems and therefore they aren't as diligent as they should be about backups. That's just an assumption on my part but I'll admit that when I had a RAID system I figured I was covered, got complacent, and lost it all when the system went boom. Never again.

Okay, I'm done. :-)
avatar
Overboard
Member
Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-10-20
Additional HHR Info : 2008 LS, purchased 5/16/2009 w/ 43,800 miles


http://www.godwin.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by Ike's Blackjack on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Thanks for the info.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Ike's Blackjack
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2520
Join date : 2012-10-14
Age : 64
Additional HHR Info : Ike's Blackjack - 2007 2LT Fall Limited Edition. HOTM - May 2008, October 2010, October 2012. HOTY - 2008. HOTQ - Summer 2015


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by geo s/c on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:21 pm

hhhmmm....cluster based systems.......sounds.....like........ something.......oh yeah cluster fu@&
avatar
geo s/c
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 153
Join date : 2012-10-27
Additional HHR Info : SUPERCHARGER. what else matters?


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by geo s/c on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:21 pm

maybe it is microsoft based, same thing
avatar
geo s/c
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 153
Join date : 2012-10-27
Additional HHR Info : SUPERCHARGER. what else matters?


Back to top Go down

Re: Update on the Old Forum

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum