Chevy HHR Family
Welcome back to CHF and be sure to post up. Dont be shy, you might like it. LOL

R & R BLOWER MOTOR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R & R BLOWER MOTOR

Post by Bad Company on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 pm

2006 Chevrolet HHR | HHR (VIN A) Service Manual
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blower Motor Replacement
Removal Procedure

Remove the right sound insulator. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Replacement .
Remove the instrument panel (I/P) compartment. Refer to Instrument Panel Compartment Replacement .
Disconnect the blower motor electrical connector.

Remove the lower blower motor cover retaining screws.
Remove the lower blower motor cover.

Remove the blower motor nuts.

Important: Cut through the case as straight as possible because the motor cup must be reused. In order to prevent damage to the component, do not cut any deeper than necessary to remove the motor cup.

Remove the blower motor and cup from the lower case by cutting through the case between the circular ribs around the motor with a sharp utility knife.

Release the blower motor retaining tab and remove the motor from the cup.
Installation Procedure

Install the blower motor (1) into the motor cup (2) that was cut out of the lower case.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

Install the blower motor nuts (3).
Tighten
Tighten the nuts to 2.4 N·m (21 lb in).

Attach the service ring (4) to the motor cup (2) with the screws (5) included in the kit.
Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.8 N·m (15 lb in).

Install the blower motor and service ring into the HVAC module using the screws (5) included in the kit. Make certain the blower motor electrical connector is pointing rearward in the vehicle.
Tighten

Install the lower blower motor cover.
Install the lower blower motor cover retaining screws.
Tighten

Connect the blower motor electrical connector.
Install the I/P compartment. Refer to Instrument Panel Compartment Replacement .
Install the right sound insulator. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator replacement.

Dan

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry.."  - George Armstrong Custer

Bad Company

Additional HHR Info: 2006 LT 207,000 miles and counting / 2009 2LT 84,000 miles

Back to top Go down

Re: R & R BLOWER MOTOR

Post by HHR Nole on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Great info,I think T-man was looking for this for Silvermist.

]

HHR Nole

Additional HHR Info: Nole is a '07 2.2L LT1 with just a "few" mods............Adopted 12/28/06. Jan.'09,Jan.'11,Jan.'13 HoTM,'09 HoTY .'10,'11,'13 ToTD Dragonslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Yes he was. I gave him a few suggestions to try to see if he could save the motor he has and hopefully he can. This how to is ready, if he needs it.

No cost repairs are the best kind. Smile

Dan

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry.."  - George Armstrong Custer

Bad Company

Back to top Go down

Post by HHR Nole on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Bad Company wrote:

You got that right 2thumbs

]

HHR Nole

Additional HHR Info: Nole is a '07 2.2L LT1 with just a "few" mods............Adopted 12/28/06. Jan.'09,Jan.'11,Jan.'13 HoTM,'09 HoTY .'10,'11,'13 ToTD Dragonslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverMist on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Well, I had a death in the family on Christmas Eve and had to bite the bullet and take the SilverMist in and have it fixed in a hurry.
I acted like I really knew what I was talking about by quoting this info.
Ended up needing a new blower AND resister!!
Only (and I use that term loosely) ended up costing around $250... so not too terribly bad. That's the price you pay for convenience...
Thank you very much for posting though.

SilverMist

Additional HHR Info: SilverMist- 2006 2LT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 pm

You are welcome and very sorry to hear about your loss. There is never a good time for such things but espically heartbreaking around Holidays.

Dan

Bad Company

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverMist on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 am

Thank you. I has been very difficult, but also expected for a while. Cancer may have claimed his life, but it lost the battle... because he is suffering no more.

SilverMist

Additional HHR Info: SilverMist- 2006 2LT

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:00 am

HHR Nole wrote:
Bad Company wrote:
the very best
thanks

Welcome to CHF
Sean (Shagy) 11/1/88- 5/1/05 died in a fluke accident at age 16.5 to the day

Son's Memorial Webpage- http://www.mem.com/ContentDisplay.aspx?ID=9309868

CJs Performance- Trifecta Tuning Dealer since July 2006. Oldest and most active dealer for Vince to this day
Click here for-CJs Performance and Original Texas Headskins

CJ
Admin
Admin

Additional HHR Info: ShagySS- 2008 HHR SS, Black, Manual, Trifecta tuned, rear sway bar, front strut crossbar, Flat matte black racing stripes w dark blue pinstriping, oxford blue 2 tone interior highlights

http://CJsPerformance.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:17 pm

From on of our new members.. Answer in the next post.

I've been reading your post on how to R & R the blower motor. Is this the correct procedure for a 08 HHR? You say "See Replacement of right side sound insulator." , but where do I find that? I did a search and came up with nothing. Also, I'm not real sure where I'm supposed to cut. And it seems that if I were to cut where I think I'm supposed to, the blower motor wouldn't come out. Please give me information so I can replace the B.M..
As a side note, this B.M. looks exactly like the ones on 60's, 70's, 80's chevys, and cost NEW 24 to 35 dollars, NOT this insane price they are asking for them now. Any help will be appreciated.
Ken McCormack

Dan

Bad Company

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Welcome to the site Ken.

The insulator is the cardboard like pad that runs along the underside of the dash from the bottom of the glove box to the firewall. Held in by plastic buttons if I remember correctly. Pop out the buttons and save for reinstall.

Look at the picture where the razor knife is showing where to cut. The plastic molded ring that goes around the blower housing has two raised ridges with a low spot between them. Cut between the ridges along the low spot. The ridges keep the blade in the center and with a new blade it's pretty easy to cut.

Once you remove the insulator and look up there from the bottom with a light you will see exactly where it needs to be cut. Once the blower housing is cut the bottom housing piece (that you cut around) and the motor itself that is bolted to the piece you cut will fall straight down. Unplug the wire connector.

BUT, before you do this what is the motor doing that you need to replace it and the year of your HHR please. May be able to save you some time & $$$.

Dan

Bad Company

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum