Chevy HHR Family
Welcome back to CHF and be sure to post up. Don't be shy, you might like it. LOL

Update on Photobucket

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update on Photobucket

Post by Ike on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:27 am

So this morning Georg and I were looking around at what all still needs to be done.
There are a lot of things still messed up from photobucket. The main thing now is that we are no longer seeing their Hostage Image on everything.
They have managed to replace all of them with another code now that doesn't let you see anything at all.
Best thing we can do now is just tackle each one as we come to them, but most of them are in member threads.
Most noticeable is in the Nomination threads for HHR Of The Quarter. Since I only store pics from the winners on my computer for history, I cannot replace those pics.
All of the award threads have had the pics replaced (I think) with my history folders for the winners.
So now we have come down to deciding that the remaining pics that are missing we're not going to try to replace.

Example: These are the pic replacements photobucket put in in the Winter Nomination Thread.

Bill Hot Rod pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My pics:

BTW, that coding has the [ img ] and [ /img ]  tags on them, but as you can see, they have all been replaced with the same code.
That makes it impossible for Georg and I to identify what they were, especially on the member threads.
For now, we're just grateful that photobucket has removed their hostage pic from the forum.
The problem they have presented to us now is that the img coding they put in renders any pic in any thread effected as invisible.

Since photobucket is hell bend to anger all their members, we'll just have to wait and see what they do next.
For now, Georg and I will continue to look and correct anything we can, but member threads that are missing pics will have to be edited by the member and corrected as we don't know what those pics are.

I just had a thought so I went to look. In the forum, "Milestones and Casualties", we have a thread that is 6 pages long. All the pics are missing. I can replace mine, but not everyones.
And I went into edit mode on a few of them and they have the same coding.

Hopefully the next "Hostage situation" from photobucket won't be so bad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ike
Admin
Admin

Additional HHR Info : Ike's Blackjack - 2007 2LT Fall Limited Edition. HOTM - May 2008, October 2010, October 2012. HOTY - 2008. HOTQ - Summer 2015

Back to top Go down

Re: Update on Photobucket

Post by HHR Nole on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Ike,Thanks for all the hard work appl
HHR Nole
Crazy
Crazy

Additional HHR Info : "Nole" is a 2007 LT1 2.2L with just a "few" mods.Adopted 12/28/06. 2009,2016 HoTY 5 Time HoTM/HoTQ.

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:38 pm

X 2 Ike- 2thumbs

photobucket wants me to upgrade.  I can't even get to my pics there.  & my pics here are gone as well, cept my avatar & my sig.
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Additional HHR Info : '08 Panel 2LT Southern Edition, select mods, ie: fuzzy dice etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:36 am

Hmmm, I haven't tried to get into photobucket now in over 2 weeks. Wonder what would happen if I tried?

Ike
Admin
Admin

Additional HHR Info : Ike's Blackjack - 2007 2LT Fall Limited Edition. HOTM - May 2008, October 2010, October 2012. HOTY - 2008. HOTQ - Summer 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 pm

IDK  Ike ?   But here s the message I got tonite from the bucket:  Only kicker is I still can't log into the bucket.  Lost cause there.

WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING
PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING*
PLEASE UPGRADE TO A PLUS 500 PLAN.

Our Terms of Service does not allow 3rd party hosting with your current account level.
UPGRADE NOW

*What is 3rd Party Hosting?

Photobucket defines 3rd party hosting as the action of embedding an image or photo onto another website. For example, using the img tag to embed or display a JPEG image from your Photobucket account on another website such as a forum, Etsy, eBay auction listings, a blog, etc. is definitively 3rd party hosting.

Why Photobucket?

Photobucket is the global destination for linking and 3rd party hosting. In Photobucket’s 14-year history, the Company amassed over 100 million registered users, over 15 billion images stored, 2 million daily uploads and 10 billion photos accessed monthly.

Easy to Use – Upload a photo from any device and copy the embed code with one click to host a photo with no development or technical knowledge required

Competitive, fixed pricing Offers the only unlimited 3rd party hosting plan (Commercial and Personal Use)
Are my pictures still safe?

Yes! All your photos are still available by logging into your Photobucket Account. Photobucket has only restricted the ability to view your photos on 3rd party sites.
Can I download my Photos?

Absolutely, at any time. It is an easy four step process:

Step 1. Login to your Photobucket Account

Step 2. Navigate to your library page

Step 3. View a photo and click the download button

Step 4. The picture will be saved to your computer
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Additional HHR Info : '08 Panel 2LT Southern Edition, select mods, ie: fuzzy dice etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:21 am

Yep, I got that email last night, just saw it this morning. It appears they want to run off all their members.
I was telling Georg Sunday that it appears to me that photobucket has changed ownership and this is their big plan to make money.
Yep, just logged in and it appears they have changed a lot of stuff. Well, it's starting to look like their 14 year history is going to be the end of their history.
I got in and can get around. The most noticeable change is their links box. All the sharing links have changed.
Well all I can say is I hope the greedy bastards are happy now. I've been using photobucket for nearly 10 years now and sharing images on forums for that entire time.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbs on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:33 am

thmbsdwn
Hobbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Additional HHR Info : 09 S/S Black, Automatic. Born Oct. 8 2008, Rescued August 27 2015, stage 1 GM performance upgrade, ZZPerformance 3" stainless down pipe & 12 1/4 " Brembo front brake upgrade.. More to come stay tuned!!

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:45 pm

I hear ya Ike, I joined the 'bucket 1/28/10 so I could share photos, w/out using my own website.

I agree seems like new greedy owners. I'm done with them. I bet they lose a lot of members.
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:16 am

According to what I've been reading on search engines, photobucket has really made a lot of people mad. Our remarks here have been rather tame to some of the ones I've read.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Ike wrote:According to what I've been reading on search engines, photobucket has really made a lot of people mad. Our remarks here have been rather tame to some of the ones I've read.

Interesting, thanks for the 411, never thought to research that. They went about this arse backwards Imo.  Lesson I think they are gonna learn is, this is NOT how to line their pockets. I feel it's gonna have quite the opposite effect.

As far as I'm concerned, the 'bucket sleeps with the fishes'. bricks
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:27 am

And with their heavy handed way, that is where they belong.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbs on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:08 am

Hobbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Additional HHR Info : 09 S/S Black, Automatic. Born Oct. 8 2008, Rescued August 27 2015, stage 1 GM performance upgrade, ZZPerformance 3" stainless down pipe & 12 1/4 " Brembo front brake upgrade.. More to come stay tuned!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:23 am

I was out doing some research today and stumbled across this. Boy o boy are they ever trying to piss off the world.

Photobucket messes up Amazon, eBay and other sites after introducing charges for third-party hosting.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:30 pm

WOW!!, they are really rocking the net world with their new greediness.  Those are 2 serious players, + others. I expect things to get much worse for bucket, if it ever gets better.  The hole is getting Deeper.  

Thanks Ike..

"introducing charges for third-party hosting." I wouldn't call their new policy implementation technique an introduction, more like a steam roller hitting us.
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:54 am

I can only wonder how they are going to try to recover from this. They have angered so many people and big names companies. I can only see them as history after all this. Serves them right.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Couldn't find where or how to delete my PB account so I just deleted the 600+ pics I had there and blocked their emails. The desktop icon and link went into the trash.

Dan

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
----Will Rogers
Bad Company

Additional HHR Info : Gray Wolf 2006 Light Tarnished Silver Metallic LT 227,000 miles and counting. Little Red Mickey Victory Red 2LT 140,000 miles 2014 June HOTM

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:27 pm

Bad Company wrote:Couldn't find where or how to delete my PB account so I just deleted the 600+ pics I had there and blocked their emails.  The desktop icon and link went into the trash.

Dan-
 At least you were able to get on the site. So far I can not. I wanna delete all my pics there also, then block their emails as well 2thumbs .
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Tucker on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:12 am

Dan - when you logged into Photobucket you see a piture beside your plan on the upper right corner. Click on this picture / silhouette and you can choose settings. It oppens personal informations and you see several tabs. The last one is the account tab - klick on it and it opens your account settings. At the bottom you find the possibillity to delete your account.
I deleted my one today, after i found out they stopped supporting download of albums. I only can download single pictures and will not download 1700 + so I decided for me  what lost is lost. I am so upset about them and spent so many time on this, that i am really decided to end it up.

Tucker
Admin
Admin

Additional HHR Info : Sunburst orange HHR with several mods 65.000 KM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Thank you George, that was well hidden. Account deleted with a VERY clear explanation on why it was deleted.

Dan

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
----Will Rogers
Bad Company

Additional HHR Info : Gray Wolf 2006 Light Tarnished Silver Metallic LT 227,000 miles and counting. Little Red Mickey Victory Red 2LT 140,000 miles 2014 June HOTM

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Ok, I did manage to get onto the bucket to my pic albums. Couldn't download even single pics.  Mad Anyhow ALL my pics are DELETED

& so is my account with them. I found the details in my profile, like Georg posted. So I managed to stumble my way thru it.  All done with them.  cool
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Good job Billy. I would think that there have been many, many more former users doing the same thing.

Dan

----Will Rogers
Bad Company

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:58 pm

Thanks Dan, & you too. I agree, I bet many others are dumping them as well. Maybe that is what PB wants, to get some paying customers in there. Something I had been pondering, since their implement strategy was so non-professional.

sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:09 am

Hmmm, I didn't get any email from PB. Logged in just now with no problem. Except the pop up ads are maddening.

Will figure out what pics I want and I'll be done as well.

Lizzie

Additional HHR Info : Lizzie's Buffy 2007 SOM 2.4 liter; 92000 05-22-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tucker on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:40 am

Lizzy - we already repaired and relinked your avatar and signature to our new storage otherwise you would see the problems they caused in here. Looking to some older posts you can see that they destroyed all.

Tucker
Admin
Admin

Additional HHR Info : Sunburst orange HHR with several mods 65.000 KM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:36 am

Most noticeable right now are the old HHR of The Quarter threads. I relinked everythig in the winner threads, but just don't have the pics to do the others.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top