Chevy HHR Family
Welcome back to CHF and be sure to post up. Don't be shy, you might like it. LOL

Good Ole Photo Bucket - Let's place the blame where it belongs.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good Ole Photo Bucket - Let's place the blame where it belongs.

Post by Ike on Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:28 pm

For those that have seen those stupid graphics Photo Bucket replaced our graphics with. Here is what is going on.
After over 5 years of using that photo bucket account to host our graphics, photo bucket has finally decided that they should charge us $499.00 a year to do that.
Not going to happen. So in the meantime, George and I are looking at something better to use than photo bucket.
In the meantime to get that crap off the screen, I'm temporarily removing all our graphics until we can find something suitable.

If anyone sees any problems with those crap graphics popping up in your posts or response's, please let me know.
I've noticed that my Sig and Avatar has switched over to that crap graphic, so it looks like I'll be deleting that account very soon.

OK, so now that I've had time to look around it appears they have targeted my account I use for here. It looks like they have replaced everything I've posted from there with the crap graphic.
So if you're seeing it on your stuff, you probably have your sig and avatar linked to my account. Just move them to your account and that should fix it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ike
Admin
Admin

Additional HHR Info : Ike's Blackjack - 2007 2LT Fall Limited Edition. HOTM - May 2008, October 2010, October 2012. HOTY - 2008. HOTQ - Summer 2015

Back to top Go down

Re: Good Ole Photo Bucket - Let's place the blame where it belongs.

Post by Ike on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:12 pm

So, since I looked around, I discovered that the entire account seems to be tagged with that crap graphic.
No only does that mean I'll have to find a better photo hosting site, I'll also have to upload everything I've ever used from that account.
I don't think anyone knows how overwhelmed I feel at the moment, but it might take me a little time to find a suitable replacement. I think for the time being I'll work on just finding a site and start replacing all the stuff in the posts I've done over the years.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Additional HHR Info : Ike's Blackjack - 2007 2LT Fall Limited Edition. HOTM - May 2008, October 2010, October 2012. HOTY - 2008. HOTQ - Summer 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Take your time Ike, most of us aren't going anywhere. Thanks for getting rid of the stupid Photobucket ads appearing everywhere.

Dan

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
----Will Rogers
Bad Company

Additional HHR Info : Gray Wolf 2006 Light Tarnished Silver Metallic LT 228,000 miles and counting. Little Red Mickey Victory Red 2LT 141,000 miles 2014 June HOTM

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Ike- I agree with Dan 100%, not going anywhere here, & in no hurry either. A friend on another forum said the bucket wanted him to pay to play also.

I was hoping those photobucket thingies were not gonna be permanant here.

PS: I didn't picture you as one who wears a tie. hehehe
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Additional HHR Info : '08 Panel 2LT Southern Edition, select mods, ie: fuzzy dice etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:58 am

I thought it would reflect my mood. I'm above that trivial stuff.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:13 am

OK, so you know by the banner, we found a suitable image hosting service. Now that we've found the road, it time to start the trip. Don't know how long it will take, but we will get it back up yet.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tucker on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:01 am

Ike is doing a task requiring great diligence - thanks Ike.

What worries us, is that there was no announcement so that we could have had action and they destroyed our forum structure and much more. It will take Ike weeks to repair all the broken links.

Tucker
Admin
Admin

Additional HHR Info : Sunburst orange HHR with several mods 65.000 KM

Back to top Go down

Post by HHR Nole on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:39 am

I still have them Evil or Very Mad
HHR Nole
Crazy
Crazy

Additional HHR Info : "Nole" is a 2007 LT1 2.2L with just a "few" mods.Adopted 12/28/06. 2009,2016 HoTY 5 Time HoTM/HoTQ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbs on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:36 am

Wow
Always trying to get an extra dollar, Ike no rush, take your time we are not going anywhere fast, except me I go a little faster than the rest.. hehehe
Hobbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Additional HHR Info : 09 S/S Black, Automatic. Born Oct. 8 2008, Rescued August 27 2015, stage 1 GM performance upgrade, ZZPerformance 3" stainless down pipe & 12 1/4 " Brembo front brake upgrade.. More to come stay tuned!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:33 pm

Well, so far we did find a host for the graphics. I've spend the day setting it up and uploading to it. I got my word document reworked with the new codes and was ale to get all the main graphics back up and working.
I've noticed a few other things I need to do, but I can take my time on those.
One of the most daunting things is going through the posts and redirecting them.
For anyone that just tagged their sig and avatar to the CHF photo bucket account, you should download them and store them yourselves.
I setup 2 accounts at Postimage. 1 for the forum and a personal account. Once I have time to upload my sig and avatar to the personal one, I'll get rid of the monkey. But he does look cool.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:27 pm

OK, was talking with Georg earlier and he pointed out that if you click on the crap graphics photo bucket put up it just takes you to there site.
The best way to get into the account and download your pics is to use the goodies link I post on every award thread.
If anyone has problems with it just send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.
I left off today uploading the goodies to the new account, but it's time consuming. Once I have everything in place, I'll start working on the threads and try to recreate everything in them. Keep in mind that we have awards and links all the way back to day one. That was in October 2006.... It's been a while.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Wow, Thank You again for all you are doing Ike. So far it looks pretty "normal", and yes, it would have been nice to have had a little warning of what was to come.

I will check out Postimage so can get back to posting pic's.

Dan

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
----Will Rogers
Bad Company

Additional HHR Info : Gray Wolf 2006 Light Tarnished Silver Metallic LT 228,000 miles and counting. Little Red Mickey Victory Red 2LT 141,000 miles 2014 June HOTM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Looks like Postimage will do the job. Smile

Dan

----Will Rogers
Bad Company

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Yes indeed, Thank You Ike for all you do.

PS: The mention I made about the tie was my feeble attempt to lighten the mood. Hard to do, but I gave it a shot.
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Additional HHR Info : '08 Panel 2LT Southern Edition, select mods, ie: fuzzy dice etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:48 am

Now I'm just an ape monkeying around. I think he's a pretty snazzy looking fellow, but rest assured I liked the glasses better than the zoot suit.
Thanks for all the kudos on the forum, but it still took me to long to get it looking right again, but now the hard work starts, so bear with me as I work on it.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbs on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 am

Thanks Ike for all you do, you are the master
Hobbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Additional HHR Info : 09 S/S Black, Automatic. Born Oct. 8 2008, Rescued August 27 2015, stage 1 GM performance upgrade, ZZPerformance 3" stainless down pipe & 12 1/4 " Brembo front brake upgrade.. More to come stay tuned!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Company on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:13 pm

All hail the master.... bows

Dan

----Will Rogers
Bad Company

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:35 pm

appl
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Latest update: I have all the award goodies from mid 2013 to date uploaded on the Postimage account now.

This link will get you into the account so you can download your images from there now. If I've missed anyone, just bear with me as I keep on putting it together.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbs on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:54 am

Thanks Bud
Hobbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:08 am

Today my avatar looks fuzzy to me ? scratch
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:39 am

Could be the number of times it's been transferred. I downloaded it and sharpened it up x2 but it didn't really help. If you want, send me a pic you want there, and I'll create your avatar for you.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:58 pm

It's been the same here for as long as I remember. Ike, let me try something first.
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeper on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:06 am

I think I got it, much better clarity now.
sleeper
7 Stars
7 Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:35 am

OK, Georg and I spent some more time on here yesterday finding and fixing stuff.
I got a good start on reworking a lot of the HOTQ threads.
All of the pics have been uploaded to Postimage now so it's just a matter of working those threads over again.
If anyone notices those crap graphics from Photobucket, just drop Georg or I a PM. Give us the Thread name and we'll get to it as soon as we can.

Ike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top